Thursday, September 9, 2010

Goodbye Summer

Labour day has past and the old tradition is to put away the white clothes after Labour Day.   Well, it helps that it was suddenly cold today - so I have done away with the white stuff.

Here's a quote from the series Frasier - from his brother Niles:

 Love is a funny thing, isnt it? Sometimes its exciting and



passionate. Sometimes its something else. Something... comfortable


and familiar. That newly-exfoliated little face staring up at you


across the breakfast table... sharing a laugh together when you see


someone wearing white after Labor Day.


 

So with the white put away, my quest is to find some fall clothes that are more fabulous..... but I'm afraid I'm cheap and practical.  My first search is for some jeans and tops.  So I'm going to check in with Stacy and Clinton to see what they will say about Jeans. Here's a video clip: http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/what-not-to-wear-how-to-find-the-perfect-pair-of-jeans.html  Episode 19 of What Not to Wear is about Gina, a 38 year old mom who has the world's largest collection of Mom jeans.  What's wrong with that?

Here's a blog about selecting Jeans: http://hubpages.com/hub/Designer-Jeans-for-Moms

Now I know I'm not supposed to wear high wasted Mom jeans - but I've tried low rise and it's not working for me.  The pants sink below my belly, I get an uncomfortable breeze in the back, and I end up with  unflattering bulges over the top.  I'm trying some Marks Work Wearhouse classic fit jeans - they are a little higher rise - but not way up!  They offer Classic fit, Modern Fit and Contemporary fit - and I think my body has to head for Classic.  The jeans have a bit of stretch to them - which I'm not sure is a good thing - it seems to allow my bulges to bulge instead of pulling it all in.  I was only able to find boot cut in my length which has a bit of a flare at the bottom.  This is supposed to draw emphasis away from the top - for me though with being taller - a straight cut should draw attention to my length I think.  I would say though that my walking has improved my rear profile - even if I haven't changed my weight.  Maybe it's the new jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment